The Adopt-A-Spot program is open to community or neighborhood associations, church groups, families, and individual community members. Our goal is to inspire citizens to care for our community by maintaining a clean and safe place for our residents and visitors to live, work, and play.
Areas available for adoption:
The Adopt-A-Spot program includes Adopt-A-Highway, Adopt-A-Park, and Adopt-A-Road and is a great way to give back to your community! As a Volunteer Leader, we ask you to organize a group of volunteers a minimum of four times per year ( or once per quarter) to pick up litter at your adopted site. We also ask that you record and report the number of hours that your volunteer team contributes toward cleaning up your park and keep track of the weight of trash collected.
Keep Pensacola Beautiful will ensure that you have the support that you need to succeed. You will work closely with our staff to coordinate and keep track of your efforts. The support from Keep Pensacola Beautiful will include:
· Adopt-A-Spot program orientation and annual safety briefing with guidance on the needs of your area
· Equipment including trash bags, easy-reachers, gloves, etc.
· A recognition plaque at the adopted site displaying the name of your group or organization
We appreciate your participation and are excited to help get you started! If you are interested in participating, please fill out the form.
Pensacola's City Parks Available for Adoption
- Each group must consist of at least one adult for every five youth
- Volunteers must be at least 12 years of age to work along a roadway
- Groups must commit to a two-year contract for their location with a minimum of four (4) cleanups per year
- Volunteers must complete an annual safety training provided by Keep Pensacola Beautiful