The Adopt-A-Spot program is open to community or neighborhood associations, church groups, families and individual community members. Our goal is to inspire citizens to care for our community by maintaining a clean, safe place for our residents and visitors to live, work, and play.
Areas available for adoption:
The Adopt-A-Spot program includes Adopt-A-Highway, Adopt-A-Park, and Adopt-A-Road and is a great way to give back to your community! As a Volunteer Leader, we ask you to organize a group of volunteers a minimum of four times per year (once per quarter), to pick up litter at your adopted site. We also ask that you record and report the number of hours that your volunteer team contributes towards cleaning up your park and keep track of the weight of trash collected.
Keep Pensacola Beautiful will ensure that you have the support that you need to succeed. You will work closely with our staff to coordinate and keep track of your efforts. The support from Keep Pensacola Beautiful will include:
· Adopt-A-Spot program orientation and safety briefing
· Equipment like trash bags, easy-reachers, gloves, etc. and guidance on the maintenance needs of your chosen area
· A recognition plaque at the adopted site displaying the name of your group or organization
We appreciate your participation and are excited to help get you started! If you are interested in participating, please fill out the form below!
- A group must consist of at least one adult for every five youth
- Must be 12 years of age to work along a roadway
- Commit to a two-year contract
- Complete an annual safety training
- Hold a minimum of four cleanups per year